View Full Version : Confirmation dialog behind the main window
20-Oct-2010, 09:39 AM
Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Remix
I recently began running BC on a netbook running Ubuntu.
The only issue I've encountered is that sometimes, in a folder comparison session, if I select files to copy to the other side, the confirmation dialog will popup behind* the main window, and accessing that dialog requires alt-tabbing through the running processes.
* ("behind" is a guess; maybe something different is happening.)
I don't know if this is a BC issue or a Ubuntu issue, or if there's anything in the configuration I can tweak to fix this.
21-Oct-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the info, Dave. That's indeed odd behavior. It's hard to say if it is Ubuntu or BC3, but we can try to narrow that down with a few questions.
1) Is this Ubuntu 10.4 32bit or 64bit?
2) How are you accessing the Copy To dialog? With a mouse click on a button or right click menu? Or the keyboard shortcut?
3) Has this problem only recently cropped up with BC 3.2.1 or have you run a previous version on this netbook?
4) Could you also email us your Suppot.zip (Help menu -> Support; Export) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include a link to this forum post in the email.
21-Oct-2010, 10:43 AM
1) It's 32-bit.
2) I selected the file name with the touch pad cursor, right-clicked and selected "Copy to Right..."
3) BC 3.2.1 is the only version of BC I've used on the netbook. The netbook is new; I've had it about a week.
4) Will do.
The problem is intermittent; it doesn't occur every time.
In case it's relevant: In the folder comparison session, the source folder is local; the target folder is on the other computer on my LAN, connected using sshfs.
02-Nov-2010, 02:29 PM
I sent a response to your follow-up email with a few additional questions and a stack trace request. Please let us know if you have any questions.
03-Nov-2010, 02:39 AM
Just in case you didn't get my email reply yesterday:
The error has not occurred since you sent me the info about how to get the stack trace.
I'm not aware of anything I'm doing differently.
But if/when the error reoccurs, I'll send you the trace.
Thanks for the help. :)
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.